Get to know Siemens NX step by step with our online courses, with CAD training including repetitions and expert exercises.
Forget long journeys and fixed course times and get to know Siemens NX from scratch with our flexible online training in the courses Modeling, Assemblies and Drawing Creation. Learn individually:
- Whatever: complex topics several times, skim simple topics.
- Whenever: at any time, whether midnight, Christmas, lunch break
- Wherever: in the hotel room, at the pool, at home, in the office
Siemens NX training courses online
modular – personal – detailed & convenient
Everyone has their own learning speed, but also their own requirements waiting for them. Additional courses, as well as expert courses, take this into account. Expert courses deepen the knowledge of the training contents already shown. Possible solutions are shown on the base of special problems, some of them from practice. What may seem very abstract to one user may be the solution to a complex problem for another. Expert courses are optional. The basic exercises in the course do not build on the contents of the expert courses.
Building on the blue learning path, which teaches basic knowledge, you have the option of selecting further courses. The courses marked green are repetitions. This course does not teach new content, but rather gives you the opportunity to review and consolidate your knowledge. Practice makes perfect.
The courses marked red provide expert knowledge.
It takes a good basic training to be able to handle the extensive possibilities of Siemens NX routinely. In fact, no user will use all the possibilities of the program, everyone uses his or her sub-area.
But where is this sub-area and how large is it?
During the preliminary planning for learnNX, this was one of the basic conditions: There could be no rigid course, but the participant had to have the possibility to build on the basic course and, if necessary, delve deeper into the material or repeat courses.
In addition, an online course makes it possible to serve different types of learners
- part-time learner who learns during breaks
- full-time learner
- refresher, who already has a good basic knowledge
- beginner who needs to learn the subject slowly
- high achiever who never really had to study in school
- music learner who likes to listen to their playlist to learn
- concentrator who would prefer to switch off the phone and lock the door.
Putting all these people in a room together and training them can’t really work.
After a short appointment, you will receive an invitation from us via Teamviewer. All you need is an internet browser, a headset or telephone and you’re ready to go.
We connect to your PC and together we find a solution to your problem in NX.
The basic course on learnNX is divided into the following main topics
- Modelling individual parts
- Creating assemblies
- Deriving drawings
With more than x hours of video material, with table of contents and jump labels for quick navigation and, if necessary, repetition of a subsection, you will lay the base for efficient and routine handling in Siemens NX.
In the sidebar you can always see where you are in the Course and will be logged in exactly there again the next morning. Drawings of increasing complexity are available for download for the numerous courses. At the end of each course, the content of the learning module is checked by quiz questions, the score of which is entered in a certificate of completion.
More than 23 hours of video material, with table of contents
Visit our virtual tour:
All you need is an NX installation, internet access and a printer to print out the courses. (Alternatively, you can also display the courses on a second screen).
Previous knowledge is not required.
This is how you can be part of learnNX
No overnight stays to plan,
no waiting times or rigid starting times, no travel or hotel costs and
no overcrowded seminar rooms.
No waiting times
After purchase you will receive the access code and can start immediately!
Currently available Siemens NX online courses and modules
Recorded in NX 2020 (new sketcher) / available from 07/2022
Programme interface and course language: English
The course teaches the modeling of individual parts by means of detailed explanatory videos and is therefore the prerequisite for all further advanced courses.
The first click-by-click courses also teach the user interface, quick mouse button commands, zooming, rotating, moving, rules for file names… in other words, the basics.
Afterwards, the interaction of the individual commands is explained by means of exercises in increasing complexity. With the help of drawings that can be downloaded with the courses, you will get to know the commands for modeling and thus work your way into NX step by step.
You will also learn to
- create a part
- create variants
- how to use the sketcher
- how to work with curves
- extruding, revolving, drafting, hollow parts, holes, chamfers, edge blends etc.
- knowing the part navigator
- settings in the customer defaults
- controlling parts via parameters
- Methodology, practical tips
- Measurements on edges, surfaces, bodies
- pattern (copy) work steps or objects
- modify components with synchronous modeling
- changing customer defaults and saving them permanently
- change user interface and save permanently
- Layer as well as show and hide objects
Recorded in NX 2020 (new sketcher) / available from 08/2022
Programme interface and course language: English
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of modeling
This module uses detailed explanatory videos to teach how to combine individual parts into assemblies and how to design individual parts in the context of the assembly.
The first course shows how to load, save and navigate in an assembly. And to get you started immediately, you will find a complete assembly in step format as a download.
With the help of drawings and assemblies that can be downloaded for the courses, you will learn the commands for building assemblies in the other courses and thus work your way into the topic step by step.
You will also learn to
- Set Assembly load options, rearrange assemblies
- Assembly navigator
- Tips on the nomenclature of assemblies
- Adjusting deformable parts (springs, hoses, cables)
- Reference set (data subsets)
- reate assembly according to design
- Permanent position relations
- Pattern Component
- Collision check
- Mirror parts
- Use parameters and geometries across components (WAVE)
- Arrangements, move parts to each other
- Individual movements in identical assemblies
- Clone assemblies
Recorded in NX 2008 (new sketcher) / available from 09/2022
Program interface and course language: English
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of modeling and assemblies
This module uses detailed explanatory videos to teach how to create drawings of individual parts and assemblies.
Depending on the industry, people have been working without drawings for a long time, for example toolmaking. But a drawing is more than a fully informative production description; here it has long been replaced by the 3D data record.
It is the worksheet on which the material, quantity, tolerances, approvals and general notes are written. And for assemblies, it is a simple functional description, assembly instructions or an order list.
The course looks at both situations: both the drawing with all the necessary dimensions and a worksheet that supplements the 3D data of the assembly or individual part.
Then, using exercise parts from the Modeling or Assemblies course, the drawings are created. (The exercise data are also available for download).
The interaction of the individual commands is explained in increasing complexity.
In addition you will learn
- Basic view, create and orientate projected view
- section views, break-out section view, detail view
- Create note texts as standard texts, if necessary
- Dimensioning, centre lines
- Shape and position tolerances, surface details
- Assembly drawing, section, hatching
- Parts list and spreadsheets
- Arrangements, different presentation
- Exploded views, isometric section views
- Settings in the customer defaults
Personal through experience
Countless face-to-face Siemens NX trainings on site or in the training centre have led to a proven training concept that has been optimised once again for the online courses. Typical questions of the course participants are taken into account as well as problems that occur in the engineering.
learnNX became known for its solution-oriented online tutorial videos about finished topics. The videos on parts lists, drawing frames or simplifying assemblies were clicked more than ten thousand times. Building on this success, the modular basic course was developed, which forms the base for further advanced courses.
As an experienced trainer in the field of training, support and modeling, I am pleased to be able to speak to you here and to accompany your learning success.
Your Jürgen Plautz